A blender for smoothies and juices has different characteristics than a blender you want to use for grinding nuts. If you want to use a blender to mix hot ingredients such as soup then you should go for a product that can withstand heat. The most important factors to look out for are the contents of the blender, price, power and power output and finally the size of the appliance, one of the best reviews you can read about this subject is the Vitamix a2300 Vs a2500.
How powerful should the blender be
Let’s start with the power of a blender. If your appliance has high power then it can have several useful functions. You can mix at different speeds or even use a turbo function. You can compare different types of blenders such as a regular blender and a power blender.
- The higher the power the harder the ingredients you want to mix. For example, with a device that has a power of less than 450 watts you cannot grind nuts or beans, it is however still suitable for making juices or smoothies. For frozen fruit it is better to purchase a device of at least 450 watts. If you choose a power blender with a capacity of 1200 Watts, then you do not have to worry. These machines sometimes even have a special program to crush ice.
- Apart from the power, your blender should also have good and sturdy blades. It is important that the blades are rust-free and sharpened sharply enough so that your blender can mix the ingredients better.
The more powerful, the more expensive
You can never undercut the price of a product. This is always an important factor, no matter what purchase. If you only have a limited budget you don’t have to worry, because there are always great deals to be found on the Internet. However, the rule is that if you buy a cheap device, it is usually not too powerful either.
- Inform yourself well about the features of each device so you can buy the best blender for yourself. Good quality for a low price is the best recommendation but that depends on the kind of blender you are looking for.
- If you don’t mind spending some extra money then you can always opt for a power blender. These blenders are used by professionals because they are suitable for mixing almost all types of ingredients. Think of the blenders of a smoothie store or a cocktail bar. They have several useful program’s and have a high power.
How many people do you want to use the blender for
If you are only using the blender for yourself then you can work with a cup with a small capacity. However, if you use the appliance every day to make fresh juices for your partner and children then you’d better opt for a blender with a larger capacity.
- A large blender jug can also lead to worse mixed juices or smoothies because the pieces of fruit stick to the wall more easily. The blades also can’t pull the ingredients down optimally to grind them.